Thursday, April 02, 2009

Killer Blow

The Cobblers continue to have a hold on me despite that shoddy performance on Tuesday night as I was considering some options this morning. This month’s budget has worked out with a couple of extra pounds than I expected so I was thinking about buying pre-sale tickets to see The Killers this summer when I had the chance this morning. A massive band who I would love to see would have been worth scrimping a bit for, a la the Foo Fighters gig of last summer I attended, but suddenly Bristol Rovers away popped into my head and everything changed.

So having sat through the atrocity of Yeovil, I actually halted payment on a Killers ticket to close the window on my work computer and instead plan to start plotting a route to Bristol on Good Friday instead. Why on earth I still want to sit, or stand, through another ninety minutes of possible agony I can’t tell you but sometimes in the most desperate of times you just have to find a way to be there if you can.

Lunacy or Loyalty? Probably a bit of both, but to be a Cobbler it takes a good mix of those features. That’s what Somebody Told Me.

No comments: