Monday, May 14, 2007

London Calling...



An absolutely mad weekend ensued this past couple of days as we entered the crazy world of London.

Incredibly we were all going to the same area of the nation's great capital for differing reasons...bear with me here because it could get complicated...Dave and Marti were at a wedding in Surbiton and joined Jamie and AnnaMaria later on, who were at Jamie's stepmum's birthday party at Jamie's house...meanwhile, Ti and I were going to Ti's friends' wedding reception which just happened to be taking place 5 minutes from Jamie's house!

So very kindly, Jamie's Dad welcomed us all into his house for a sleepover on Saturday night after our varying activities! On Saturday day time Ti and I went for lunch in the "Ha Ha Bar" in Kingston for a scrumptious toasted cheese and ham sandwich, typically priced for London but pretty much worth it! The calmness off the river bank where Ha Ha is situated is a far cry from the madness of the streets of Kingston. I don't think I could ever live at that pace and everyone seemed to be in a hurry about something or the other. There's such a difference between Southampton and London and I realised how much calmer it is walking in Southampton City Centre even at the busiest of times!

The wedding reception was a great way to meet some of Ti's old school friends and although I was nervy at first, I was soon feeling right at home and dancing to the usual wedding hits of the Grease Megamix and YMCA! I stayed away from "Saturday night" though in fear that I would make a wrong move.

We arrived back to Jamie's to find Jamie, AnnaMaria, Dave and Marti glued to the Eurovision Song Contest...that's right...they've been named and shamed, as should be anyone who lost 3 hours of their lives watching it! I have no idea who won or how we did by the way so look elsewhere for that information!

The next day we headed for New Malden and to Ti's family home where I met her sister and brother (not time for meet the parents just yet!) for a yummy Sunday Roast with all the trimmings that left the usual feeling of fullness and not wanting to move out the seat for a week. It seems a brilliant British tradition to have a huge roast and then fall asleep in front of some random Sunday TV but unfortunately we had to be back in Southampton, where we were out on our feet!

It was a frantic couple of days and I'm still recovering now so off to bed to try and get back into some sort of routine!

No comments: