Friday, September 14, 2007

The birthday weekend begins with strange happenings...

As my birthday weekend begins, the whispering that’s been taking place between my friends for the past couple of weeks is beginning to unravel itself.

Just now, in a routine check of my e-mails, I found the following message from “The Southampton Challenger”…

From: southamptonchallenger@hotmail.co.uk
To: southamptoncobbler@hotmail.com
Subject: HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANNY
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 13:56:15 +0000

Remain in your seat. Do not leave your workplace. We have your friends. If you wish to see them again, you must accept the challenge. The challenge will commence at 5pm tonight. To accept this challenge, reply to this e-mail with the codeword.

The codeword is YOGHURT.


So I naturally wrote back with the code word, getting the following response:

From: southamptonchallenger@hotmail.co.uk
To: southamptoncobbler@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANNY
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 14:33:30 +0000

So be it. Come straight home from work at 5pm. Look for the instructions on the noticeboard.

Good luck.

Worried about my friends but slightly confused, I enquired back with a question that was on my mind…

From: southamptoncobbler@hotmail.com
To: southamptonchallenger@hotmail.co.uk
Subject: RE: HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANNY
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 14:37:59 +0000

How does the Southampton Challenger know that I have a notice board at my flat?


And got the final response…

From: southamptonchallenger@hotmail.co.uk
To: southamptoncobbler@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANNY
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 14:50:26 +0000

Because he's broken in there to capture your flatmate, you tit.


So it looks like all will be revealed at 5!

No comments: