Thursday, September 07, 2006

Carlisle Preview


Just over a year ago we were "treated" to a coach journey to Carlisle consisting of Mr Bean's greatest adventures and a pub hosting only the tuneful sounds of Elvis.

Tim has, quite understandably, decided to drive to Brunton Park this time and instead of the one stop from the coach, we can refrech ourselves as and when. Nothing against Sixfields Travel who usually provide an excellent service, but a coach trip on this far a journey is difficult!

So I'll be busy travelling from Southampton to Carlisle and back within a couple of days for my second game of the season and I'm looking forward to it, not only for the game but because it gives me a chance to go home for a couple of days- the first time I've been able to do this in 5 weeks.

David Hunt will be pushing for a place in the squad after completing 90 minutes in the reserves this week while James Quinn returns from international duty. He may well have to settle for a place on the bench though due to Kirk and Scotty's glorious start to the season.

I'll be back on Sunday with a full report and photos of the fun day out!

No comments: