Sunday, September 03, 2006

Congratulations to Mr and Mrs Stuart-Marquez!

Dave and Martha's big day went without a hitch and it was a thoroughly enjoyable day.

This was my first ever wedding and it was an amazing experience and a priviledge to be a part of.

The day started early in Eastleigh as Jamie picked me up from the station armed with a camcorder but not a lot a great deal of petrol which was worrying when we couldn't find a service station for a long time!

But a small place called Sutton Scotney provided the fuel for the rest of the day, though bizarrly there was no cash machines to be found anywhere! So if you ever visit the Scotney, be sure to take some cash with you.

We found Newbury easily enough and after a breakfast in Woolworths, we picked up Roopa and headed off to the church, a full hour early!

The service was wonderfully done by Martha's dad Eddie accompanied by some of the happy couple's friends in the church band. I didn't know what to expect from a wedding service but it was all so nice and Dave and Martha left the church to the famous hymn "I'm gonna be (500 Miles)" by the Proclaimers!

Onwards to the reception and after a free glass of Pimms and some photos we were treated to a lovely meal including the biggest burger I'm ever likely to see in my life! As Dave said, I think there was half a cow in there!

The meal was followed by a barn dance, another new thing for me but I loved it. I didn't have a clue what I was doing but nobody else did either which made it even more fun!

Overall a fantastic day, especially for Dave and Martha who looked the happiest that I've ever seen them. All the best to you both in married life and thanks again for inviting me.

You both deserve all the best in life and I'm so proud to call you both my friends.

No comments: