Thursday, August 21, 2008

Rediscovering football's soul...

After the shocking aura of MK Dons, it’s time to stand up for real football and thus begins my campaign to rediscover the essence of the English game. Football is not about corporate deals, forming a club from somewhere else and moving it or for using as a personal play thing for a bored millionaire. It’s about standing on open terraces, getting drenched as your team gets hammered 4-0 and eating burgers that are as cold as the ice on the steel gate that keeps you from running on the pitch.

So this Monday, Bank Holiday Monday, I begin my quest at the only place possible as I visit Kingstonian’s ground to watch AFC Wimbledon. I need revitalising and to rediscover what made me fall in love with the beautiful game in the first place.

So the good fight begins this bank holiday and come and join us if you have a free afternoon and you’re sick of the money spinning people in football. It wasn’t like this in my day I tells ya!

No comments: