Saturday, March 21, 2009

On the move...

Today I'm spending most of my day packing because of my impending move from Southampton to Salisbury in a week's time. Southampton's been my home for nealy six years after moving here for uni in 2003 and it's strange to leave what seems a lifetime of memories behind.

Packing has usually meant moving from one area of this city to another but this time it's a new city I'm starting in and it's exciting as well as scary, almost like the first time I moved here.

The backdrop to me packing this afternoon will be the Cobblers' home game with Stockport County as myself and my housemate for many of those six years, Jamie, a Chelsea fan turned into a Cobbler, begin to haul out the old as the new beckons just around the corner.

I'm sure the game will force my packing to stop briefly from time to time but hopefully I'll be throwing my old clothes in the air with joy rather than frustration come 4:45pm.

Up The Cobblers!

No comments: