Tuesday, July 17, 2007

No Saints...the end of another season and a purple eye...

Last night we were soundly beaten by league winners Pete F.C. but finish a comfortable 4th place in the table. Jamie was away while Stewart and Sean also missed out but new boys Craig and Nathan slotted in.

I went in goal for the first half and as soon as I came out of goal I went in for a 50/50 challenge with their goalkeeper who proceeded to smack me in the face with his boot! The referee didn't see it but I couldn't see a lot out of my right eye for a while and the morning after it's a lovely shade of purple!

So that brings to an end another season of 5-a-side antics from No Saints and all in all it's been a positive run of games, espcially after the run of defeats in Season One! We managed four wins out of ten this time around so it's an improvement as we look towards an even better time next season...that starts next week!

No comments: